[03 July 2020] My mum
found me more projects... namely 4 x bicycles that
need various repairs, from brake and gear cables, missing
handlebar grips, to a new chain and even a replacement derailleur
on the worst one. Then some more turned up.
I thought this one needed a new chain, but with some
penetrating oil it loosened up. This bike has now found a
This one just needed a bar grip and minor tinkering such as
oiling and gear adjusting. I also de-rusted the front forks
using WD40 and 1200-grit paper. This bike has now found a
I replaced the brake cables and other missing brake parts. I
also had to remove an old bike lock the top tube. It seemed
the bottom bracket was seized but it loosened up; the pedals
needed the same attention. I tweaked the gears and then the
bike was ready for sale. It is currently awaiting collection
by it's new owner.
This bike needed the most work so far but it has disc brakes
so I considered it worth doing. Most significantly it
required a replacement rear derailleur and chain, along with
new cables and bar grips. I fitted black outer cables and
they looked much better than the white ones in my opinion.
[23 July 2020] This was the
first bike I actually bought
to sell since we had been
lacking in girl's bikes at my
mum's charity shop. I bought
this off someone on ebay. I
pumped up the tyres, gave some
attention to the rear wheel
bearings and fitted a bell to
get it ready for sale. It
found a new home pretty quick.
A week later I
bought this bike after spotting it on ebay. Besides needing
the gears tinkering with it's in great condition.
got this bike very cheap but after replacing part of the
rear brake cable (being a fancy BMX is has various sections)
and proceeding to adjust the rear brakes I discovered the
back wheel is buckled. I hope to be able to iron this out
with a spoke key. The bike also needs a new saddle as one
side has been pulled off its rail.
bike, and another bike that needed the front forks rubbing
down with "WD40" to get them shiny again.