Today involved dismantling a keyboard...
It's an old(ish) wireless keyboard and mouse set (it connects
via PS/2) with a funky and over-sized receiver module, that
I've had in my possession for
far too long a
while, but it was playing up. Upon closer inspection I
realised batteries had leaked in it at some point, but to get
at the inner battery contact I had to dismantle the whole
thing, pretty much (first removing a million screws
from the base), the keys needed a clean so out they all came.
Some of the keys needed removing to locate screws in each
corner holding the keyboard part to the main part, so removing
keys was necessary to locate those.
inner terminal ended up being the worst and I cleaned it up. I
think, and I'm hoping, that was all that was wrong with it;
the wires weren't too badly affected and I tested the
continuity. After spraying the palm rest piece with silver
paint I had knocking about I put it all back together, now
with nice clean keys and no dust bunnies lurking beneath. I
haven't even tested it yet...
I think the mouse might need a lick of paint